Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election commentary from the peanut gallery!

Discussion we had in the car on the way home from school today...

Jorden: Hey Mom, I voted for John McCain today!

Mom:  Oh really, why did you choose him?

Jorden:  Because he was in jail for 500 years and he has broken elbows!

Mom:  He what? 

Jorden:  He has broken elbows and he was locked up for a long time so I thought I should vote for him... 

Hunter:  I voted for Obama!

Mom:  Why did you choose him?

Hunter: Cause he's going to give people more money, and I like that!

Mom: ok, I'm glad you each got to vote

Let's hope that who is going to lead our country for the next 4 years wasn't decided based on the facts my kids have collected on the playground!

Today I give thanks for a country that allows us to vote and to teach our children all the pieces that go into that responsibility!

See you all again tomorrow!

No comments: