Thursday, November 27, 2008

An Emotional Thankful Heart

Today was incredible(y) _____________.  Just about every word you could use to fill in that blank would have been appropriate at some point though out my day today...

...Thankful... Today I am thankful for Bart and the life he has provided us for the last 10 years.  10 years ago today we became a family!  We have lived in 4 states (6 houses/apartments) ...had 3 pregnancies and 2 babies... too many jobs to keep count... ups and downs... and yet somehow we keep managing to wake up each day and try a little harder  :)

...Thankful... for true friends.  The kind that maybe even know you a little better than you might realize.  I am lucky enough to have some of those in my life and I hold their friendships close to my heart.  This week after I got home I found a large bag from my Ragnar girls sitting on my front porch.  PJ's to curl up in .. socks.. a beautiful angel that even came with words of inspiration on the box... envelopes full of inspiration... cards... my favorite chocolates (which they don't commonly sell in the US so someone really did some hunting) and some M's to join my kids initials on my running shoes!  They really know the things that make me tick.... thanks

...Thankful.... for my kids.  They really make each day worth living.  Today though I am thankful that they are so understanding of me.  Every time I turned around today for some reason I started crying... and they would come and give me a hug and remind each other that it is just that I miss Michael.  

...Anxious/Excited.... Anxious about getting my house ready to be gone for a week.... but so excited to be going!  1 more day and we are off to the beautiful Southern Caribbean for a whole week!

...Sad... everything I did today made me cry.... I was trying to load movies to my phone for our long flight and I needed my tech support.... I open the spice cabinet to see all the boxes of smarties I bought with Michael this summer.... I just couldn't seem to catch a break.

...happy.... I am so happy that so many people are excited to run the Salt Lake City Marathon events with me this spring!  I would love to have all of you join us!  Go check out www.RunningForMichael.com  This is hugely important to me.... and it could be life changing to so many.... My sister who never runs has committed to doing it with me... so if she can so can you... no excuses!  And we are going to have a party after so if the race isn't enough incentive to come join us maybe the thought of a rocking party is!

1 comment:

Katie said...

Sorry you had a rough day. I'm thinking about lugging by preggo belly to SLC in April to be part of the cheering squad, and of course, the rock'in party. Hang in there, and have a great trip!